Re: [Proposal] new API for recover routers

Hi Rene,

So if you have upgraded 4.5 to 4.11 (or any version upgrade where new system VM templates are in play) then your 4.5 VRs are by definition destroyed and you are running with 4.11 VRs. As a result there is nothing to recover – the rollback mechanism in this case is to roll back DB, destroy all 4.11 VRs (and anything else unknown to the original DB) – then start up the 4.5 management servers. At this point CloudStack management will either automatically build “new” 4.5 VRs – or worst case you do a network restart which recreates the VR.

If you haven’t upgraded the VRs – and they are still running as version 4.5 under a 4.11 management server – then the rollback is a straight forward DB rollback and management restart – the original VRs will stay in place.

Regards,
Dag Sonstebo
Cloud Architect
ShapeBlue