Re: Current cloudstack prebuilt images wrong VR address

Hi!

AFAIK, the password reset script always tries to connect to TCP/8080 on the
server that offered the dhcp lease. Which usually is the default gateway.
If you're running an isolated network with redundant VR, there was an iptables
rule on the VR blocking the host-IP, so that the request couldn't succeed.

That issue [1] has recently been fixed for 4.11.1.0.

[1] https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/issues/2544

cheers,

- Stephan

Am Montag, den 25.06.2018, 19:08 +0700 schrieb Ivan Kudryavtsev:
> Hello, Devs, Users.
>
> Today I tried to deploy prebuilt centos image from
>
> http://dl.openvm.eu/cloudstack/centos/
>
> Previously I already used that images, so I just registered it and created
> VM. Unfortunately, I found that cloud-init tries network GW as a source for
> metadata when VM starts (to get the password, etc.). So, It doesn't use VR
> to get information but attempts to fetch it from the network default GW.
> So, It fails.
>
> Next, I downloaded CentOS template which I have used for a year (also from
> http://dl.openvm.eu/cloudstack/centos/), created VM and it works nice. It
> fetches password and other information from correct VR endpoint.
>
> I suppose there is the error in the current CentOS template. Maybe, someone
> who has built them assumes that default GW is always VR which it may be
> true sometimes (advanced zones, I suppose), but not in general (I use Basic
> Zone).
>
> Have a good day.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Stephan Seitz

--

Heinlein Support GmbH
Schwedter Str. 8/9b, 10119 Berlin

http://www.heinlein-support.de

Tel: 030 / 405051-44
Fax: 030 / 405051-19

Zwangsangaben lt. §35a GmbHG: HRB 93818 B / Amtsgericht
Berlin-Charlottenburg,