Re: ConfigDrive status

Hi Lucian,

I’m maybe not the right person to answer this – but my understanding is it only kicks in when you have a network offering without a VR, at which point the metadata etc. is presented as the config drive. Happy to be corrected on this.

We did however have a really major gotcha 18 months ago – when a customer did a CloudStack upgrade and ended up with new unexpected config drives causing changes to all the VMware disk controller addressing – meaning VMs wouldn’t boot, couldn’t see disks, etc. If you use VMware I would test beforehand.

Regards,
Dag Sonstebo
Cloud Architect
ShapeBlue