Re: Sporadic high IO bandwidth and Linux OOM killer

On Wed, 5 Dec 2018, 19:34 Riccardo Ferrari <ferrarir@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi Alex,

I saw that behaviout in the past.

Riccardo,

Thank you for the reply!

Do you refer to kswapd issue only or have you observed more problems that match behavior I have described?

I can tell you the kswapd0 usage is connected to the `disk_access_mode` property. On 64bit systems defaults to mmap.

Hm, that's interesting, I will double-check.

That also explains why your virtual memory is so high (it somehow matches the node load, right?).

Not sure what do you mean by "load" here. We have a bit less than 1.5TB per node on average.

Regards,
--
Alex