Cassandra 2.1 bootstrap - No streaming progress from one node

Hello,

while bootstrapping a new node into an existing cluster, a node which is acting as source for streaming got restarted unfortunately. Since then, from nodetool netstats I don’t see any progress for this particular node anymore.

E.g.:

/X.X.X.X

        Receiving 94 files, 260.09 GB total. Already received 26 files, 69.33 GB total

Basically, it is stuck at 69.33GB for hours. Is Cassandra (2.1 in our case) not doing any resume here, in case there have been e.g. connectivity troubles or in our case, Cassandra on the node acting as stream source got restarted?

Can I force the joining node to recover connection to X.X.X.X or do I need to restart the bootstrap via restart on the new node from scratch?

Thanks,

Thomas

The contents of this e-mail are intended for the named addressee only. It contains information that may be confidential. Unless you are the named addressee or an authorized designee, you may not copy or use it, or disclose it to anyone else. If you received it in error please notify us immediately and then destroy it. Dynatrace Austria GmbH (registration number FN 91482h) is a company registered in Linz whose registered office is at 4040 Linz, Austria, Freistädterstraße 313