Re: snapshot strategy?

Alain,

Thanks for the suggestion, but I think I did not make myself clear.  In order to utilize disk space efficiently, we want to keep snapshots that are no older than X days old while purging the older ones.   My understanding is that there are 2 kinds of snapshots :  (a) those created on demand by given name and (b) those create automatically, for example as a result of a TRUNCATE, that do not have a well known name. To get rid of the given name ones (a) seems straight forward.  How do I locate and get rid of the automatically created  (b) ones?

Or if I am under some misconception, I'd be happily educated.

Thanks.

Lou.