Re: Cassandra | Cross Data Centre Replication Status

Hi Jonathan,

That makes sense. Thank you for the explanation.

Another quick question, as the cluster is still operative and the data for the past 2 weeks (since updating replication factor) is present in both the data centres, should I run "nodetool rebuild" or "nodetool repair"?

I read that nodetool rebuild is faster and is useful till the new data centre is empty and no partition keys are present. So when is the good time to use either of the commands and what impact can it have on the data centre operations?

Thanks and Regards
Akshay Bhardwaj
+91-97111-33849