Re: Cassandra | Cross Data Centre Replication Status

You need to run "nodetool rebuild -- <existing-dc-name>" on each node in the new DC to get the old data to replicate.  It doesn't do it automatically because Cassandra has no way of knowing if you're done adding nodes and if it were to migrate automatically, it could cause a lot of problems. Imagine streaming 100 nodes data to 3 nodes in the new DC, not fun.