Re: nodetool status and node maintenance

Hello

Any way to temporarily make the node under maintenance invisible  from "nodetool status" output?

I don't think so.
I would use a different approach like for example only warn/email when the node is down for 30 seconds or a minute depending on how long it takes for your nodes to restart. This way the failure is not invisible, but ignored when only bouncing the nodes.

As a side note, be aware that the 'nodetool status' only give a view of the cluster from a specific node, that can be completely wrong as well :).

C*heers,
Alain Rodriguez - alain@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
France / Spain

I have script that parses "nodetool status" output and emails alerts if any node is down. So, when I stop cassandra on a node for maintenance, all nodes stats emailing alarms.

Any way to temporarily make the node under maintenance invisible  from "nodetool status" output?

Thanks