Re: Insert from Select - CQL

Does anyone have any ideas of what I can do to generate inserts based on primary key numbers in an excel spreadsheet?

A quick thought:

What about using a column of the spreadsheet to actually store the SELECT result and generate the INSERT statement (and I would probably do the DELETE too) corresponding to each row using the power of the spreadsheet to write the query once and have it for all the partitions with the proper values?

The spreadsheet would then be your backup somehow.

We are a bit far from any Cassandra advice, but that's my first thought on your problem, use the spreadsheet :).
Another option is probably to SELECT these rows and INSERT them into some other Cassandra table (same cluster or not). Here you would have to code it I think (client app of any kind)
This might not a good fit, but just in case, you might want to check at the 'COPY' statement: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/21363046/how-to-select-data-from-a-table-and-insert-into-another-table
I'm not too sure what suits you the best.

C*heers,
Alain Rodriguez - alain@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
France / Spain