Sean: I did a blog on DIstributed Data Summit. On top of the Scylla-oriented content, I covered Nate's keynote and highlighted the sidecar talk by Netflix (incl. YouTube video for anyone who wanted to watch it after-the-fact). I'd be interested to read & compare any other similar blogs on the event. (Summit-as-Rashomon, as it were.)

Max: Thanks for the shout-out on Scylla Summit. Besides Scylla-oriented tracks, we'll also have presentations from Kong, Kafka (KSQL), KairosDB for time-series, OpenNMS, and Red Hat talking about rebuilding Ceph on the Seastar framework.

-Pete.

On Mon, Oct 8, 2018 at 7:29 AM Durity, Sean R <SEAN_R_DURITY@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Thank you. I do want to hear about future conferences. I would also love to hear reports/summaries/highlights from folks who went to Distributed Data Summit (or other conferences). I think user conferences are great!

Sean Durity

From: Max C. <mc_cassandra@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, October 05, 2018 8:33 PM
To: user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Upcoming Cassandra-related Conferences

Some upcoming Cassandra-related conferences, if anyone is interested:

Scylla Summit

November 5-7, 2018

Pullman San Francisco Bay Hotel, Redwood City CA

(This one seems to be almost entirely Scylla focussed, maybe not terribly useful for non-Scylla users)

DataStax Accelerate

May 21-23, 2019
National Harbor, Maryland

(No talks list or sponsors have been posted yet)

DISCLAIMER:

I’m not in the middle of the politics or nor do I have any affiliation with either of these companies.  I just thought lowly users like myself might appreciate the mention these on the -users list.

I wish we should have had a post or two about the Distributed Data Summit;  I think we probably would have had an even better conference!  :-)

- Max

The information in this Internet Email is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this Email by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful. When addressed to our clients any opinions or advice contained in this Email are subject to the terms and conditions expressed in any applicable governing The Home Depot terms of business or client engagement letter. The Home Depot disclaims all responsibility and liability for the accuracy and content of this attachment and for any damages or losses arising from any inaccuracies, errors, viruses, e.g., worms, trojan horses, etc., or other items of a destructive nature, which may be contained in this attachment and shall not be liable for direct, indirect, consequential or special damages in connection with this e-mail message or its attachment.

--
Peter Corless
Technical Marketing Manager