Re: Installation

Hi Rahul,

The problem for removing the old links is Cassandra binaries are pointed from /usr//bin/, /usr//sbin etc ..

$ which nodetool
/usr/bin/nodetool
$ which cqlsh
/usr/bin/cqlsh
$ which cassandra
/usr/sbin/cassandra

Thanks,

On Jul 10, 2018, at 12:28 AM, Rahul Singh <rahul.xavier.singh@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

That approach will work, however that may take a long time.

The important things that are unique to your cluster will be your configuration files & your data /log  directories.

The binaries can be placed on the same machines via tar installation. While keeping the machines running on the old binaries, you can migrate the data / log new directories. If you move your data, you can use links in linux to point the old directories to the new locations.

Once this is done, you can configure your tar installation to point to your new data directories, and turn off the old binaries and turn on the new binaries, one node at a time.

--
Rahul Singh
rahul.singh@xxxxxxxx

Anant Corporation