Re: copy sstables while cassandra is running

I doubt mv will run instantly because copy is across two different filesystems

On Sun, 24 Jun 2018 at 9:26 PM, Nitan Kainth <nitankainth@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
To be safe you could follow below prices on each node one at a time:
Stop Cassandra
Move sstable— mv will do it instantly
Start Cassandra

If you do it online and a read trust comes for sane data that is being moved will fail.