Tombstone

Hi all,
           We using Cassandra for storing events which are time series based for batch processing once a particular batch based on hour is processed we delete the entries but we were left with almost 18% deletes marked as Tombstones.
                 I ran compaction on the particular CF tombstone didn't come down.
            Can anyone suggest what is the optimal tunning/recommended practice used for compaction strategy and GC_grace period with 100k entries and deletes every hour.

Warm Regards
Abhishek Singh