UnknownColumnFamilyException after removing all Cassandra data

I am trying to restore functionality of a cluster that got into a really bad state of schema disagreements. Right now, I am at a point where I have a single node up and I am trying to replicate data from there.
I am then trying to bring up a second node, where I deleted all Cassandra data. The node comes up, then I get a bunch of:

2017-02-06 15:09:16,220 WARN  [MessagingService-Incoming-/10.128.6.196]  IncomingTcpConnection.java:97 - UnknownColumnFamilyException reading from socket; closing
org.apache.cassandra.db.UnknownColumnFamilyException: Couldn't find cfId=e36415b6-95a7-368c-9ac0-ae0ac774863d

What does this mean exactly? Is it a symptom of a problem with the schema? Or is it just a warning that Cassandra cannot find the data on disk (since it was deleted)?
In other words: is this something to worry about in this situation or is it expected behavior?

I am currently running a repair and waiting to see if the data comes back.

Thanks,