Re: quick question

Hi,

Thanks for the response. I finished watching this video but I still got few questions.

1) The speaker seems to suggest that there are different consistency levels being used in different phases of paxos protocol. If so, what is right consistency level to set on these phases?

2) Right now, we just set consistency level as QUORUM at the global level and I dont think we ever change it so in this case what would be the consistency levels being used in different phases.

3) The fact that one should think about reading before the commit phase or after the commit phase (but not any other phase) sounds like there is something special about commit phase and what is that? when I set the QUORUM level consistency at global level Does the commit phase happen right after accept  phase or no? or irrespective of the consistency level when does the commit phase happen anyway? and what happens during the commit phase?

Thanks,
kant