Re: Global TTL vs Insert TTL

Hi Alain,

Thanks for your response and the links.

I've also checked "Time series data model and tombstones".

Is it safe to use TWCS in C* 3.9?

Thanks in advance.

On 31-01-2017 11:27, Alain RODRIGUEZ wrote:
Is there a overhead using line by line option or wasted disk space?
 There is a very recent topic about that in the mailing list, look for "Time series data model and tombstones". I believe DuyHai answer your question there with more details :).

tl;dr:

Yes, if you know the TTL in advance, and it is fixed, you might want to go with the table option instead of adding the TTL in each insert. Also you might want consider using TWCS compaction strategy.

Here are some blogposts my coworkers recently wrote about TWCS, it might be useful:

-----------------------
Alain Rodriguez - @arodream - alain@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
France

Hi I'm just wondering what option is fastest:
Global:
create table xxx (.....
AND default_time_to_live = XXX;

and