Feedback request for Message Flusher bug found in 3.0.17

Hi,

We recently found this issue on one of our 3.0.17 clusters, where the
Message Flusher falls off the event loop, eventually resulting in OOM on a
bunch of nodes. We saw this happen twice so far.

CASSANDRA-14855 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-14855> has
all the details (including heap dump analysis). Backported ImmediateFlusher
from trunk as a fix for this. Would like to get feedback (on the JIRA) if
this fix is recommended, or if there is a suggestion for a better fix.

Thanks,
Sumanth