table that has secondary index used up a lot of space - how to free up disk space?

Hi,

We are using a Cassandra to develop our application and we use a secondary index in one of our table for faster performance. As of now in our production, we saw a growing disk space on the table that has secondary index on it. It becomes a problem on us since we have a lot of data need to store.  As a result, we would like to reduce the disk space on that table.

We are thinking following to recreate the table without secondary index and repopulate the data. However, this is a time consuming task.

Do you have any suggestion on how to reduce the disk space size on the table that has secondary index?

Thanks

Kevin