Re: Evolving the client protocol

Jeff,
 the use of the terms "business concerns" and "technical merit" may be an unfortunate choice I made, they can be construed in a narrower way than I intended and i apologise Jeff for that confusion. Our community and how we look after it does matter.

 The hope I raised was only that we deal with the proposals objectively, Sylvain's last paragraph was a good example of that and the best thing I've read in the thread so far.

> Don't get me wrong, protocol-impacting changes/additions are very much
> welcome if reasonable for Cassandra, and both CASSANDRA-14311 and
> CASSANDRA-2848 are
> certainly worthy. Both the definition of done of those ticket certainly
> include the server implementation imo

regards,
Mick