Re: Evolving the client protocol

You're right in principle, but in practice we haven't seen problems with the term.

On 2018-04-19 20:31, Michael Shuler wrote:
This is purely my own opinion, but I find the use of the term 'shard'
quite unfortunate in the context of a distributed database. The
historical usage of the term has been the notion of data partitions that
reside on separate database servers. There is a learning curve with
distributed databases, and I can foresee the use of the term adding
additional confusion for new users. Not a fan.