Re: Simple example of passing an object in from rest to another microservice

Ok, next version, which works with 1 gotcha:

@Component
public class RestRoute extends RouteBuilder {

  @Override
  public void configure()
  throws Exception
  {
    restConfiguration()
      .component("servlet")
      .producerComponent("http4")
      .bindingMode(RestBindingMode.json);

    rest("/candidate")
     .post("applyx")
     .consumes(MediaType.APPLICATION_JSON_VALUE)
     .type(Candidate.class)
     .route()
       .to("myProcessor")
       .marshal().json(JsonLibrary.Jackson)
       .setHeader(Exchange.CONTENT_TYPE, constant("application/json"))
       .setHeader(Exchange.CONTENT_LENGTH, constant(null))
       .to("rest:post:to/candidate/applyx?bridgeEndpoint=true&host={{service:CANDIDATE_SERVICE}}")
       .log("FROM = ${body}")
       ;
    }
}

So to the gotcha: I need to add the following prop to the Spring Boot application.properties file:

spring.jackson.serialization.FAIL_ON_EMPTY_BEANS=false

or else I get the message:

com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.JsonMappingException: No serializer found for class org.apache.camel.converter.stream.CachedOutputStream$WrappedInputStream and no properties discovered to create BeanSerializer (to avoid exception, disable SerializationFeature.FAIL_ON_EMPTY_BEANS)
at com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.JsonMappingException.from(JsonMappingException.java:284)
at com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.SerializerProvider.mappingException(SerializerProvider.java:1110)
at com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.SerializerProvider.reportMappingProblem(SerializerProvider.java:1135)
at com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.ser.impl.UnknownSerializer.failForEmpty(UnknownSerializer.java:69)
at com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.ser.impl.UnknownSerializer.serialize(UnknownSerializer.java:32)
at com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.ser.DefaultSerializerProvider.serializeValue(DefaultSerializerProvider.java:292)
at com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.ObjectWriter$Prefetch.serialize(ObjectWriter.java:1429)
at com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.ObjectWriter._configAndWriteValue(ObjectWriter.java:1158)
at com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.ObjectWriter.writeValue(ObjectWriter.java:988)
at org.apache.camel.component.jackson.JacksonDataFormat.marshal(JacksonDataFormat.java:166)

Should I be worried about this?