Re: Simple example of passing an object in from rest to another microservice

Can you try to define

   .bindingMode(RestBindingMode.json)

to your restConfiguration or post() definition? According to the docs (http://camel.apache.org/rest-dsl.html) it should enable conversion to/from JSON to POJO which according your your posted logs seem to fail.

HTH,
roman