Camel and ActiveMQ ObjectMessage

As of ActiveMQ version 5.12, you have to whitelist the objects used by any message that is of type ObjectMessage. I believe the default in Camel is to handle the serialization when producing and consuming from message queues which results in an ObjectMessages.

I know we can explicitly call “marshal()” before producing a message and “unmarshal()” after consuming a message to avoid the ObjectMessage type.

Is there a cleaner way to produce and consume from ActiveMQ that does not require explicit marshal/unmarshall calls around every message queue?

We are currently using camel version 18.3.

Thanks,

-john