From: Mario Torre <neugens.limasoftware@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, Dec 19, 2018 at 11:50 AM
Subject: Accepted Talks
To: java-devroom <java-devroom@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hello all!

We are finally ready to announce the list of accepted talks for the
Free Java DevRoom 2018.

Like every other year, this was a very difficult selection, this year
in particular we had an overwhelming amount of high quality proposals
and naturally we had to reject many given the time we have for the
DevRoom. Some of those presentation may still be interesting for the
following OpenJDK contributors workshop though, so if you are
interested please check out the website here:

https://openjdk.java.net/workshop

Without further ado here is the list, in no particular order:

Java Checkpoint/Restore - Christine Flood
OpenJDK Governing Board Q&A - The OpenJDK GB Members
Loom: Weaving executions - Ron Pressler
Java Langauge Futures - Brian Goetz
An introduction to Middleware Application Monitoring with Java Mission
Control and Flight Recorder - Mario Torre And Marcus Hirt
Securing the JVM, neither for fun nor for profit, but do you really
have a choice? - Nicolas Frankel
Learning about Deep Learning: Applications for OpenJDK/Java
Verification - Shelley Lambert
Performance tuning Twitter services with Graal and Machine Learning -
Christian Thalinger
Making the JIT part of the cloud - Irwin D'Souza
A walkthrough guide to implementing a compiler intrinsic - Andrew Dinn
Build your own GC with OpenJDK in 20 minutes - Roman Kennke
The State of OpenJDK - Mark Reinhold
Java with Docker: How to Make it Work - Adam Farley8
The Missing Benchmark Metric: Memory Consumption - Jens Wilke
Rumble in the Java Jungle - Volker Simonis
Tested for Business: An Open and Transparent Quality Kit - Shelley Lambert

I will work on the schedule and try to finalise everything by end of
the week, and also followup with the accepted speakers individually in
the next hours for a final round of confirmation.

I wish to take this opportunity to thank you all for sending a
proposals and helping making this once more one of the most
interesting Java conference in the world!

Cheers,
Mario Torre
--
pgp key: http://subkeys.pgp.net/ PGP Key ID: 80F240CF
Fingerprint: BA39 9666 94EC 8B73 27FA  FC7C 4086 63E3 80F2 40CF

Java Champion - Blog: http://neugens.wordpress.com - Twitter: @neugens
Proud GNU Classpath developer: http://www.classpath.org/
OpenJDK: http://openjdk.java.net/projects/caciocavallo/

Please, support open standards: