Re: apply for contributor permissions

Hello,

Thanks for your interest in Calcite! Committership is not something that is requested for Apache projects. Apache is a meritocracy and contributors to Calcite may be invited to join as a committer by the PMC due to their involvement in the mailing lists, jira or code. See this page for more information: https://www.apache.org/foundation/getinvolved.html#become-a-committer

In the meantime, it is still possible to contribute to calcite:
- Anyone can open a jira account and file issues here: https://issues.apache.org/jira - Anyone can fork the Calcite repository on Github and then open a PR if they wish to contribute code: https://github.com/apache/calcite

I hope that helps and I look forward to your contributions!

Francis