Re: [DISCUSS] Towards Calcite 1.18

It looks as if Avatica will be released soon, and as that was our main dependency for Calcite 1.18, we can move ahead with the release.

I volunteer to be release manager for Calcite 1.18, and propose that we make an RC on Monday.

There are a lot of PRs (107 open currently)[1]. I can’t get through them all myself, so I will need help reviewing & merging them. (If you are committer, look in the JIRA case to see whether someone has begun reviewing the PR. I am reviewing several right now.)

Even with help, we are not going to get to all PRs. That will have to be OK; it has been too long since we had a release, and we just don’t have enough active committers to deal with the number of incoming contributions.

Julian

[1] https://github.com/apache/calcite/pulls