Re: calcite-avatica git commit: [CALCITE-2412] Add appveyor.yml to have tests on Windows against jdk1.8, jdk9, jdk10 Add Appveyor badge Add -DskipDockerCheck because of CALCITE-2385 and to make it sync with travis.yml

I am not sure about server-side hooks on ASF's git. It would require execution privileges on ASF's git instance (for Github, this is not allowed).

For Windows, I use WSL (Windows Subsystem for Linux). This is a copy of Ubuntu or some other supported Linux distro that runs within Windows and allows the execution of Linux executables on Windows. WSL translates calls to Windows native calls where needed. The downside is that WSL only works on Windows 10 1607 (released august/july 2016) and later, so people using Windows 8 and Windows 7 will not be able to use it.

Francis