Re: [DISCUSS] Towards Avatica 1.13.0

Quick update for the release of Avatica 1.13.0.

I was able to get releases and tests to build correctly in a docker container. This is now committed to the repository as docker-compose.yaml and docker.sh. The setup allows a committer to start the release by running `docker-compose run -v /c/Users/username/AppData/Roaming/gnupg:/.gnupg release`. The script prompts the user for things like the release version and so on and automatically sets up the environment in the container. I feel that this drastically flattens the learning curve for making an Avatica release and will be using it for 1.13.0. I think it might also be useful for Calcite.

In terms of the PRs on Github:
- INFRA just enabled Appveyor for the repository, so CALCITE-2412 will be resolved and merged for this release soon. - I wasn't able to reach Kevin Minder for CALCITE-2322[1]. It does look like it is very close to being able to be merged. Would anyone be interested in picking this up? We would still keep Kevin's original commit, so that he gets credit for the initial implementation. - Michael and I tried to get in touch with the author of PR#76[2], but we didn't hear back, so I don't think this will make it into the release.

There are also test failures on Travis and Jenkins, so I plan to send another email to the list to start a discussion.

If there are no objections, I plan to make rc0 available for voting this Friday (23/11/2018) Australian Eastern Standard Time.

Francis

[1] https://github.com/apache/calcite-avatica/pull/49
[2] https://github.com/apache/calcite-avatica/pull/76