Re: Amazon Corretto

We should consider it, but I wouldn’t place too high a priority on it.

Adding a new CI configuration has a cost to us: each time there is a breakage, one of our developers has to spend time and effort debugging and fixing it.

Also, I don’t want to reward AWS’ behavior of creating forks of open source projects. It’s revenue for them, but they don’t have a good history of contributing patches upstream. I’d rather encourage our users to stay on Oracle JDK or OpenJDK.

That doesn’t mean that Calcite doesn’t get tested against Corretto. If a company is distributing Calcite and has customers on AWS then they have an interest in testing against Corretto, fixing bugs, and contributing the fixes back.

Julian