Potential student projects

Hi all,

One of the perks of being a career academic is the availability of students
who are looking for interesting projects to work on. I'll be having Masters
students work with me on a regular basis on final projects for their
degree. I'm hoping that some of these can be useful to Calcite.

If anyone can think of a few issues that are technically interesting, not
too large in scope, and don't currently have anyone working on them, I'm
all ears :)

A few issues below I found which could be interesting although some might
be too large in scope for someone who's never seen Calcite before.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-481
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-1440
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-1737
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-1861