Re: CockroachDB optimizer

I guess it's not a volcano planner but a cascades[1] style planner. Calcite
is the volcano style. Some common notion like 'Memo', 'Group',
'Transformation' of Cascades planner can be found from their planner. The
systems like gporca ,prestodb (maybe including the CockroachDB ) implement
the cascade style planner,.

[1]
http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.98.9460&rep=rep1&type=pdf