Re: [DISCUSS] reasonable duration for tests in the Calcite codebase

FWIW Beam has "pre-commit" and "post-commit" suites [1], with the latter
being quite a lot longer and including lots of integration tests with e.g.
cloud data processing engines and storage systems, so at least the tests
have a home. You get "quick" feedback on pull requests (let's ignore how
slow our pre-commit is...) and for things that take hours and you find out
in post-commit you can always roll back [2]. You can do a bit of
engineering with the Jenkins groovy DSL to make this not so painful to
administer [3].

Kenn

[1] https://builds.apache.org/view/A-D/view/Beam/
[2] https://beam.apache.org/contribute/postcommits-policies/