Re: [DISCUSS] Problem with 'assert' ignored in production, leading to inconsistent query results

Il ven 21 set 2018, 19:45 Julian Hyde <jhyde@xxxxxxxxxx> ha scritto:

> Well, maybe we can.
>
> But look at the premise of the question: "Problem with 'assert'
> ignored in production, leading to inconsistent query results". The
> problem is not with the assert.

Yes actually the bug is not clear.

We have a merge join with 2 unsorted inputs. I don't know if the problem is
in the planner (why it had choosen a merge join and not a simple joon ) or
in the translation from planner output to actual plan

I will be back with news next week.
But I will start a new thread.

Thank you for you comments and suggestions.
I will evaluate if removing the assert with introduce too much cost
(comparing large strings for instance)

Enrico

On Fri, Sep 21, 2018 at 10:23 AM Vladimir Sitnikov

--

-- Enrico Olivelli