Re: MODERATE for announce@xxxxxxxxxx

Hmm. I did set thunderbird to send the message as plain text and it's still converting the links to HTML.

On 20/09/2018 10:40 AM, Julian Hyde wrote:
The moral of this story is: compose announce@ emails in plain text format. Then links are what they say they are.

On Sep 19, 2018, at 5:24 PM, Private LIst Moderation <mod-private@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

%%% Start comment
This announcement has been rejected because there is an error in the HTML.

In particular, the link

https://calcite.apache.org/avatica/downloads/avatica-go.html
<https://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/calcite/apache-calcite-avatica-go-3.1.0/>

actually leads to:

https://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/calcite/apache-calcite-avatica-go-3.1.0/

Apart from the misleading URL text, the URL is invalid as a download page.

There may be other link errors; I did not check further.

** Please use plain text only; do not use HTML for announcements **

Sebb.
%%% End comment