Re: CALCITE-2458 Use of Kotlin for unit tests

-0 I kind of share Michael's concern that it might be a barrier, and the
provided patch doesn't really showcase the announced benefits, and I would
be fairly careful when introducing a new language into the project (the
patch for example allows compiling production code with kotlin notably). Is
there a good test class which is fairly complex in Java but could be
written nicely in Kotlin? What about IDE support (editor, debugger, ...)?

No direct exposure to Kotlin, but I did some good chunk of Scala where the
same kind of benefits were advertised, but I remember some of my colleagues
new to the language struggling with contribution (although you could read
the code as an english sentence...), and so just being careful.