Re: Sqlline release

We said first week of September. Now it’s the first release of September. I think I can make a release candidate for sqlline-1.5.0 in the next few days. (As a non-Apache project, there is no formal vote for releases, but I welcome feedback.)

There are few issues/PRs[1][2][3] that require jline3, and jline3 only works on JDK 8 and higher. I propose to take those PRs immediately AFTER this release. Thus, sqlline-1.5 will be the last sqlline release that supports JDK 1.6 or 1.7.

Julian

[1] https://github.com/julianhyde/sqlline/issues/105 <https://github.com/julianhyde/sqlline/issues/105>

[2] https://github.com/julianhyde/sqlline/pull/115 <https://github.com/julianhyde/sqlline/pull/115>

[3] https://github.com/julianhyde/sqlline/issues/73 <https://github.com/julianhyde/sqlline/issues/73>