Re: Avatica client can not talk to Multiple Avatica Servers issue

Hi, Josh,

Thank you for sharing your experience and the nice writeup in the hortonworks website too. It’s very helpful. I am just curious why “not implement routing logic in the client” was one of the original design goals? Doesn’t it make easier to use Avatica? I agree that the sharing state between Avatica servers is too much complexity that does not worth it.

Is the concern of client “smarts” that the retry request most likely goes to the same server and fails again and thus the over-all response time will be unnecessarily too long?

-Jiandan