[DISCUSS] Towards Calcite 1.17.0

Calcite 1.16.0 was released on March 19 (more than two months ago).
We have solved over 48 issues[1] since then, therefore we should start
discussing about releasing Calcite 1.17.0.

I have created [2] to track the release.

We will start a release process after the Avatica 1.12 is released.

I went through the list of opened PRs during the last month, and here is
the list of Jiras which possibly be merged before the release:

CALCITE-2303: Support DECADE time unit in EXTRACT function - changes are
done, depends on the Avatica release
CALCITE-2329: Enhance SubQueryRemoveRule to rewrite IN operator with the
constant from the left side more optimally - I will make required changes
at the beginning of next week

* CALCITE-2321: Support ragged fixed length value union be variable -
In review (Julian)*

* CALCITE-2291: Add rule to push Project past Correlate - I will pick up
this next week*

List of other pull requests which require review or additional rework:

CALCITE-2327: In 3 valued logic mode (b and not b) may not be simplified to
false
CALCITE-2302 / CALCITE-2325: Implicit type cast support - Julian added a
comment into the Jira
CALCITE-2331: evaluation of predicate (A or B) and C is failing for some
adapters - created PR only with a test for this Jira
CALCITE-2209: Support loading JSON model file through URL - Shuyi Chen
added a comment into the Jira
CALCITE-2324: Extract seconds, minutes from date works not correct in some
cases
CALCITE-2319: Druid Expressions - Output Type of Boolean expressions should
be set to FLOAT.
CALCITE-500: Ensure EnumerableJoin hashes the smallest input - PR is created
CALCITE-2301: Remove the 10-second-timeout restriction in
ResultSetEnumerable - needs additional rework.

Please let me know, if there are any Jiras should be included into this
release.

[1]
https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20CALCITE%20AND%20status%20%3D%20Resolved%20AND%20resolution%20%3D%20Fixed%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%201.17.0
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-2337