Re: [DISCUSS] Towards Avatica 1.12.0

This is my summary for the week ending 1 June 2018:
- Many thanks to Julian, Josh, Karan, Sergey and Haohui for contributing, reviewing and merging CALCITE-2022, CALCITE-1884, CALCITE 2303, CALCITE-2284. - Most of the PRs on Github in my initial list has been resolved, except the following:     - CALCITE-2219 (Laurent): https://github.com/apache/calcite-avatica/pull/33     - CALCITE-2322 (Kevin Minder): https://github.com/apache/calcite-avatica/pull/49

- Additional issue added to list:
    - CALCITE-2350: Cannot shade Avatica with Guava 21.0 or higher (In progress, Julian)

Are there any other issues people would like to work on for the 1.12 release?

I am updating the release history as we go. See here for the current version: https://github.com/apache/calcite-avatica/commit/15af8fd2210024f1cddaecdb9388842b76a79ea6

Question for Josh: I was reviewing the documentation for publishing a release: https://calcite.apache.org/avatica/docs/howto.html#publishing-a-release-for-calcite-committers. It says to close all the issues resolved in this release during the publishing process. In particular, it says to uncheck "send mail for this update" when closing those issues. I just had a look in JIRA and I do not have this option to not send mail when closing out those issues.

Francis