Re: Confusion about the GeoFunctions

I am wondering why it is necessary to have a different geometry type in Flink than in Calcite.

If you think that the implementation in Calcite sucks, then rather than making a different one for Flink, how about making a different one for Calcite, and use that in Flink? I’m not super-proud of the implementation in Calcite; it was the best I could do given the time available.

In Calcite we are extremely short of development resources. All of the spatial work in Calcite has been done by me, on my own time. It is depressing to see someone use it and immediately decide they are going to re-implement it all in their own project.

Julian