Re: ElasticSearch use of rest client (instead of TransportClient)

That's mainly because the Java drivers changed in a way that made impossible to use the same adapter. I might be wrong, but I think the ES5 adapter doesn't work with an ES2 server instance just like the ES2 adapter doesn't work with an ES5+ server instance.

If all of this could just go away, that would be great :)

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
*Christian Beikov*