Re: Build depends on Docker

Hi Geoff, all.

To recap what this is doing: it builds a docker image that launches
Brooklyn. It actually wraps the RPM that maven builds, and packages that as
a Docker image.
Now, I merged this and when testing, I noticed[1] that the plugin used to
build the docker image can be disabled with one of their own flag[2],
namely `-DskipDocker`. This is why I didn't ask the contributor for a maven
profile.

If you think that is not enough, we could definitely disable this by
default. But I think this is useful, and a much easier way for new people
to get started with Brooklyn (instead of vagrant).

Best.

[1] https://github.com/apache/brooklyn-dist/pull/118#issuecomment-435649038
[2]
https://github.com/spotify/docker-maven-plugin#bind-docker-commands-to-maven-phases

--
Thomas Bouron
Senior Software Engineer

*Cloudsoft <https://cloudsoft.io/> *| Bringing Business to the Cloud

GitHub: https://github.com/tbouron
Twitter: https://twitter.com/eltibouron

Need a hand with AWS? Get a Free Consultation.