Re: [DISCUSSION] Kubernetes Helm

Thomas,

thanks for taking care of this.

Geomacy,

I've built brooklyn-{server,dist} on OSX and ran it from CentOS 7 and it
works fine as I think `os-maven-plugin` is doing the right incantation

Richard,

I think helm is a well appreciated tool for kubernetes ecoystem.

I think I can donate my work as community-supported addon although it is
designed as a Brooklyn location not a simple application blueprint, but
worth noticing that it was not part of the core but was committed in
`brooklyn-server/locations/container` module, which seems a perfect match
to me,
I undestand the helm location works with the classic launcher, but there is
an extra complexity to OSGify grpc (a transitive dependency of
microbean-helm) to make it work with brooklyn-karaf.

I may resubmit the contribution without bringing in the microbean-helm java
client but writing a simpler restful client for Helm/Tiller, but not sure
how hard it would be to refactor the location yet.

Best,
Andrea