Re: How Beam's helped our bottom line...

Wow, what a nice thing to read! Thanks for sharing, Peter!

On Tue, Jul 3, 2018 at 9:50 AM Peter Mueller <pmueller@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Gris and everyone,
Not a very techie post, but thought I'd contribute a little on the economic case for open-source, and Apache Beam in particular.

TLDR;  We're finding that, at critical points in our sales cycle, our customers are choosing us precisely because we offer a 'call option' on future runner choice.

I thought it would be refreshing to hear this, since lots is written on technical/community benefits of open source and how (obviously) it helps you save costs on otherwise-proprietary/expensive solutions.   Little's been written about positive impact on revenue-side of the ledger.

Best,
Peter

CTO
ATS, Inc.