Re: Advice on parallelizing network calls in DoFn

In streaming, a simple way is to add a reshuffle to increase parallelism. When you are external-call bound, extra cost of reshuffle is negligible. e.g. https://stackoverflow.com/questions/46116443/dataflow-streaming-job-not-scaleing-past-1-worker

Note that by default Dataflow workers use a couple of hundred threads as required. This can be increased with a pipeline option if you prefer. I am not sure of other runners.