Issue with publishing maven artefacts locally

Hi all,

I used to publish maven artefacts into local repository using this kind of command for example:

./gradlew -Ppublishing --no-parallel -PdistMgmtSnapshotsUrl=file:///path/to/.m2/repository/ -p sdks/java/io/kafka/ publish

It worked fine till today. Seems like (according to "git bisect”) this recent commit [1] introduced new functionality and now it fails with an error:

* What went wrong:
A problem occurred configuring project ':beam-sdks-java-io-kafka'.
> Exception thrown while executing model rule: PublishingPluginRules#publishing(ExtensionContainer)
   > Cannot set the value of read-only property 'repositories' for object of type org.gradle.api.publish.internal.DeferredConfigurablePublishingExtension.

Does anyone know if this is a bug or I should use another command for the same purposes?