Re: GSOC - Summer of Code, on Beam?

I think that's a great idea if we can find good candidates. Do we have to register the project to be able to receive applications from students?

On 07.12.18 16:44, Ismaël Mejía wrote:
Last year we had two proposals. Kenneth proposal around SQL was
accepted and if I remember correctly a success.

For students interested you should do the complete process via the
GSoC website and look for the ‘gsoc’ label.

For committers who want to mentor students you have to subscribe into
the GSoC website, but also to the mentors@ mailing list, where you
should fill the proposal through a document shared there (and yes this
is not documented at all, need to fix that). This document is prepared
by the ASF because is the full organization (not the project) who
requests the participation. Sadly I was not aware of this process and
I missed the Apache deadline (some days before the GSoC deadline) last
year and for that reason my proposal did not get accepted. So pay
attention to that Pablo (or the others that want to mentor some
students).