Re: Graceful shutdown of long-running Beam pipeline on Flink

Thank you for sharing these, Lukasz!

Great question, Wayne!

As for pipeline shutdown, Flink users typically take a snapshot and then cancel the pipeline with Flink tools.

The Beam tooling needs to be improved to support cancelling as well. If snapshotting is enabled, the Beam job could also be restored from a snapshot instead of explicitly taking a savepoint.

Related issue for cancelling: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BEAM-593 I think we should address this soon for the next release.

Thanks,
Max