Re: To create a WordCount-SideInput.java example?

On Mon, Nov 26, 2018 at 1:32 PM Ruoyun Huang <ruoyun@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Thanks Kenneth. Didn't look into subfolders, let me read a bit more.  And will look into the tests Luke pointed out as well.

To make sure I understand your comments of "Side inputs _are_ different in streaming as you have to ...", are you saying either: 1) a user needs to use/treat SideInput API differently when handling streaming case, OR 2) Beam developments had to do the underlying implementations differently?

2) each runner has to do the execution differently

so

1) users might need to know about this, since their main input will wait for side input data or for the window to expire; in batch the window is always ready so there is no waiting

Kenn